top of page


We are committed to providing high quality healthcare to all of our patients and will do everything we can to make sure you get prompt and proper treatment. However, sometimes things can go wrong and you may not be happy with the service you have received. 


If you are not happy with your treatment, or any other matter connected to your care, you can make a complaint or a suggestion to improve services for everyone.

How to complain

Often the quickest way of resolving a concern is by raising it directly with a member of staff or the reception team as soon as you can.  They will attempt to deal with the matter as quickly as possible.  

You can also contact our Patient Care Manager in order to discuss your concerns.  You can complain in writing, by email or by phone. You should make your complaint within 12 months of the incident or within 12 months of the matter coming to your attention. Local resolution aims to sort out your complaint quickly, and as close as possible to the person, service or organisation you are complaining about, in the most appropriate way.

Miss Julie Pittaway

Lewisham Medical Centre​

308 Lee High Road

London SE13 5PJ

Tel: 020 3827 4939

Our Patient Care Manager will acknowledge your complaint within three working days and discuss with you the way in which you would like your complaint resolved and set out the length of time this will take. Your care and treatment will not be affected as a result of making a complaint.

We will look into your complaint to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong

  • Invite you to discuss the problem. Identify what we can do to make sure that the problem does not happen again.


If you are not comfortable complaining directly to the Practice, or if you feel this is not appropriate, you may choose to complain to the commissioners in NHS England directly.  Please note: if you have already complained to the Practice, the NHS England Complaints team will not be able to re-investigate the same concerns.

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT


Tel:  0300 311 22 33


If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint resolution by the Practice or NHS England, you may contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, who is independent of the NHS and government.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

Millbank Tower

Tel: 0345 015 4033


Complaining on behalf of someone else

Medical records are protected by the Data Protection Act 1998. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we need to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed unless they are incapable of providing this.

bottom of page